Friday, February 5, 2010

Suggestions From Photographers

I really appreciate ANY suggestions you may have if you are a reader or a participant! Here is a GREAT suggestion from Crystal, our newest participant (see her most recent photo in Day 4: Automobile):
1. Watermark each of your photos before you submit them to the blog. To "watermark" a photo means to brand the photo or piece of art with a signature, logo or anything that would make it yours! (See examples below)
To create my watermarks I generally use Photoshop CS4 so I can incorporate our Logo and Text and be as creative as I want with the photo. Some programs such as iPhoto, Adobe Lightroom and Aperture allow you to add a watermark upon 'export'. I also add my signature to the bottom right corner with the year I took the photo just to get my name out there and to give it an extra source of security. Although if someone really wanted to steal your photo, they could take the time to photoshop out everything you did to the picture. In most cases people might enjoy your photo and save it as their desktop or put it in their screensaver. Where there's a will, there's a way, but it's always nice to make it secure.
If it's a photo you really don't want stolen, place several watermarks throughout the photo (can you count how many are in this photo?
Hidden Watermark (can you see it?) Hint: My Name Is Cow
Watermark the whole picture with a website, blog or name in a transparent diagonal.
Watermark with a Title & Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment